[pskmail] Beacons

  • From: Roger G6CKR <radio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 09:04:20 +0000

Hi
The APRS tab has selection for 60, 30 and 10 minutes but I have just
realised that with the 3O minute selection ( advised for fixed stations)
the actual beacons are 20 minuets apart then 40 then 20 and so on.
My beacons are currently going on :27 and :47 for 30 minutes they should
be :27 and :57
Also now we have more stations is there a need for a more flexible
setting of the beacon start time to avoid clashing.
Currently if you want to make sure a server that is on 30 M for 2
minutes of the 5 in the cycle has a chance of hearing, you have a choice
of just 2 minutes to set the start time which currently is always in the
the :25 to :29 block.
73 Roger G6CKR