[pskmail] Re: Beacon Info ?

  • From: Fred Reiselt <freiselt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 21:19:56 -0500

Hi Russell,

You can change anything in this opensource code, just knowing where is the key :>)

What I mentioned will change the comments into the APRS backbone. I think what you want, that changes the rf beacon, will be in the file named rflinkserver.pl, but I don't know where.

73,
Fred - WB5CON

Russell Blair wrote:
Fred, That was the first thing I did when I changed it, I just was your beacon and mine is just like yours other than I'm on PSK125. But thats OK if I cant change it, I just thought it would look better Thanks.
Russell

Yesterday is HISTORY. Tomorrow is a MYSTERY. Today is a GIFT! Thats why its
called the PRESENT!

" IN GOD WE TRUST "
Russell Blair (NC5O)
  Skype-Russell.Blair
  Hell Field #300
  DRCC #55
  30m Dig-group #693

From: Fred Reiselt <freiselt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, May 12, 2009, 7:10 PM
Hi Russell,

In your ~/.pskmail directory, open pskmailrc.pl
with a text
editor.

The line that starts with "my $serverstatus
="
will be where you put in your beacon text.

73,
Fred - WB5CON

Russell Blair wrote:
I have been looking for the place in the
pskmail
server where I can input a greeting in the beacon,
now it
only show in fldigi as
(<us><soh>unNC5O:72
pskmail v0.8) I would like to change it to
(Welcome to NC5O
pskmail v0.8 server). Some help please.
Russell NC5O
  ---cut---