[pskmail] Basic info for starters

  • From: "Klint Mann" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PSK Mail" <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 18:16:10 -0600

I just started trying to use PSK mail today, and have ran into some basic
config problems using the LiveCD ran in the parallels VM with windows xp pro
as the host.

On the wiki guides I cannot find how to aquire the basic settings for the
client. Example:
Client Options-
My Call: Got that one
Link To: what goes here? Ok SMORWO is in the quick start, is there a list of
links somewhere? Is it the call of a     server?
Block Length: I assume a protocol option, like packet length in IP, the
default is 5
Lat/Lon: got that
Beacon QRG Nr.:  No idea what this is, the Quick Start shows a 1, but
nothing appears by default.

Mail Options-
Pop Host: whos pop server? pop3.web.de? Or my ISP's pop server, my personal
pop server?
Pop user: ?
Pop password: ?
Reply to: Some email address I have access to?
FindU password: went to findu cant find a place to sign in, so how do you
get a findu password?

If I missed a knowlage base somewhere and this is answerd elsewhere please
let me know.

Klint Mann, KE5FM
newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx