[pskmail] Re: BBS and pskmail

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 17:27:40 +0200

A simple answer:

There is plenty of code for separate BBS'es available, it is just a matter of
installing it in the right way. A good example is XNet, we have such a
combination on
DA5UWG which has a Telnet port. I allows a telnet connect to any BBS on the
IGate backbone. Come to think of it, a lot of BBS resources are just available
as
we speak. Use them!

If we would integrate such a BBS in the pskmail server I would have to write
new code,
 and I have other priorities. I hate reinventing the wheel.

The command is ~TELNET address port (while connected).

If you are interested to add a pskmail/packet gateway, Arno DF3DS (sysop of
DA5UWG)
has written a drat howto.