[pskmail] Re: BBS and pskmail

  • From: Rick W <mrfarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 10:30:51 -0500

Hi Rein,

It is very good to know that you can telnet to a separate BBS.

Could you outline the advantages of tying the pskmail_server to a separate BBS versus using the pskmail_server as the BBS?

73,

Rick, KV9U

rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
PSKmail message from rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx
quote
Since then, there does not seem to be a practical HF sound card method to do basic
BBS type connections other than using packet radio and perhaps something like
Multipsk which is the only free sound card packet program that I  am aware
of.<br>
unquote

You can use the pskmail ~TELNET function to connect to a BBS on the same machine or on another machine in the LAN or to any BBS on the internet.
So also here pskmail is already there...

I often use the db0pfd packet mailbox to shift mail to other BBS users...

SM/PA0R/M via pskmail