[pskmail] Re: Aw: jpskmail-1.5.29-Linux-x86-install

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 20:40:11 +0100

Hi Franz,

There really is no installation necessary :).
In the folder you unpacked just launch javapskmail.jar, either by association (double click or right click and open with java) or through the terminal like: java -jar javapskmail.jar

I have been busy today trying to create a new installer using izpack. I have some success and some things left to do, hope to have something useable soon.

73, Per
sm0rwo

2014-01-19 20:25, Franz Rohrauer skrev:
Hi Per,

thanks for the link, but I have a problem: I downloaded and unzipped it,
but in the included manual I can't find, how to install.

Please give me short instructions, how to...

73,

franz, oe5rtl

Am Sonntag, den 19.01.2014, 09:09 +0100 schrieb Pär Crusefalk:
Hi Franz,

That does sound like the issue I once had on Mint with cinnamon. The
installer was indeed started and no error message was produced but the
installer window was not visible and I could not get to it.
I can't remember if it was minimized or behind the terminal window or
something. It is supposed to be front and center but cinnamon did
something to it...

Anyway, you can always just get the tar and expand that in a folder
manually. You can find that here:
http://crusefalk.se/jpskmailinstall/

I used installjammer to create these installers and it is abandoned. So,
the cinnamon issue will not be fixed and something else will have to be
used. Netbeans itself can now create native installers and I would like
to use that instead, so I will create a test installer using that.

73, Per
sm0rwo

On 2014-01-19 05:43, Franz Rohrauer wrote:
Hi, Per,

yes, I made it executable. command 'ls -l
jpskmail-1.5.29-Linux-x86-install' results in the message '-rwxrwxrwx 1
admin admin 5615395 Jan 17 19:23 jpskmail-1.5.29-Linux-x86-install'
(admin is the administrator-user on this system)

running ./jpskmail-1.5.29-Linux-x86-install does not cause any
error-message or other output! The only effect is, that there is a
prompt in a new line (so, as if the first line of
'jPSKmail-1.5.29-Linux-x86-Install' would be a 'return'-command only)

In log-file /var/log/auth.log I find:

Jan 18 19:16:16 (none) sudo:     root : TTY=pts/1 ; PWD=/home/admin ;
USER=root ; COMMAND=./jPSKmail-1.5.29-Linux-x86-Install
Jan 18 19:16:16 (none) sudo: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for
user root by root(uid=0)
Jan 18 19:16:16 (none) sudo: pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for
user root

I can't find any other log-file with helpful entries.

73, Franz, oe5rtl

Am Samstag, den 18.01.2014, 23:29 +0100 schrieb Pär Crusefalk:
Hi Franz,

I don't think there is a problem with 64-bit systems, pretty sure I have
tested that.
Did you chmod +x before you ran it?
Pse try to launch it from a terminal to see any error messages.

73, Per
sm0rwo

On 2014-01-18 21:21, Franz Rohrauer wrote:
Rein,

thanks, it seems, that installer runs on 32-Bit-Systems only (an
installation on LinuxMintDebianEdition, 32-bit-version had been
successful).

73, have a nice weekend,

Franz, oe5rtl

Am Samstag, den 18.01.2014, 10:18 +0100 schrieb Rein Couperus:
Franz,
This installer has been made by Per with the installjammer...
from a terminal do:
./jpskmail-1.5.29-Linux-x86-install
that should show you the error messages....
I have no experience with your Debian distro, but it should work...
73, Rein EA/PA0R/P i downloaded jpskmail-1.5.29-Linux-x86-install, made it executable,
doublecklick, but nothing happens...

which software must be installed for running the installing-routine?
is it incompatible with LinuxMintDebianEdition, 64-Bit-Version?
which command will it start on terminal?

tnx for help,

73 de franz, oe5rtl