[pskmail] Aw: flmon.pl

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 08:57:13 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Glenn.

you have to start flmon.pl manually. Whenever you do that, the server and fldigi
will start/restart automatically in the right sequence.

The difference between the X terminal and xterm is that xterm is a very basic, lightweight terminal,
which is normally used with daemons which do not need a lot of handling, and can be started
from a script (xterm -e programname).

E.g. you cannot scroll back to see the history (try xterm -h to see what it can do...).

Nice to hear it works, but t would  be better if fldigi did not crash...

Rein PA0R

Rein,
I have still been getting crashes off and on with fldigi with both the server and the client. So today I downloaded the flmon.pl.tar and I have it running on the 220 Mhz server. Later, I will also install it on the 20 meter server. It is running perfectly and I can see it killing and restarting just as it should.
I don't think that it is possible to run with the client, is it?  After it starts it runs in the X Terminal.  What is the difference between the regular terminal and the X Terminal?
If I were to shut down the system then restart it tomorrow, my routine is to first bring up fldigi with sudo fldigi ( that engages the usb port) then pskmail_server in a second terminal. If I do that will the flmon.pl start automatically, or must I start it manually?
It is fantastic that I don't have to worry about one of the servers locking up anymore. Thanks Rein.
Very 73, Glenn WB2LMV