[pskmail] Re: Aw: USA/AB9FT PSKMail Server(s)

  • From: Josh Housey <kg9bo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 17:55:56 -0700 (PDT)

Rein,

I can get it to run with the V2 modem to run per the instructions on the
website. It does switch frequencies and receiving to a certain extent, but the
problem involves transmits. It keys up the radio and the audio is low, despite
changing the levels, but then constantly transmits as it moves over.

I am a little confused with PTT set up for 7200, does it have to be VOX? Is
this handled by pskmail_server? Using Java 7 (openjdk) something with Debian
unstable (sid)....  Its kind of a test to be using this version as fldigi seems
to be act really strange when I use Ubuntu. Might switch back due to other
things I might need to do on computer.

Otherwise, a question for you and anyone else, what would be a recommended
"compromise between speed/sensitivity mode to try getting some attention on
80m, 17m and now probably 40m?

Thanks.

73
Josh, AB9FT