[pskmail] Re: Aw: Re: what is this trying to tell me ?

  • From: victor maddex <vmaddex@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 17:27:07 +0100

Hi Rein,
I have the data entered that you have mentioned.
it's a standard pop3 account, I access it OK with my mobile device, I just
copied the settings.
The message refers to a public key.
I have done a lot of testing today with OE5RTL, it seems PI4TUE is not hearing
me currently, I am only using 10w.
I may try again later tonight with more power (60w) and see if I can access
your sever, I may not have too much time during the day tomorrow, but will try
to have another go as the week progresses, work level permitting.
Thanks for your help.
Regards
Vic
G0RAS

From: rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pskmail] Aw: Re: what is this trying to tell me ?
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 17:42:30 +0200

Hi Vic,

you can use any POP3 mail account (IMAP is not supported).

The POP3 record contains:

* The POP3 server of your ISP (e.g. POP.web.de)

* Your userID (same as the one you would need for your regular email client)

* Your POP password (same as the one you would need for your regular email
client)

* Your return address (e.g. vic@xxxxxx)

The session password goes into the USER DATA config.

If you get 'mising private key' messages, the server you are

using may have a configuration problem, I would have to see the exact error
message on the

server to tell you what it means. The server itself does not know about

public keys, so the message must come from the POP server where it tries to get

your mail... Which server were you testing? I am normally using

PI4TUE, OE5RTL, 9A1CRA or SM0RWO-1 on 10148 kHz.

If you can use PI4TUE I can look at the error messages in real time....

Hope this helps,

Rein PA0R

Hello David,

do you mean I need to have a Gmail account?, I used to use my ISP's email
account on jpskmail.

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Vic

From: kf4wbs@xxxxxxxxxxx

To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: [pskmail] Re: what is this trying to tell me ?

Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 20:29:04 -0500

VIC

AS SOON AS YOU SEE THE NO PUBLIC KEY

TRY TO DISCONNECT FROM THE SERVER AND RECONNECT TO IT

ALSO REMEMBER TO HAVE POP3 AND IMAP ON IN THE GMAIL ACCOUNT SETTINGS

YOU MUST HAVE THAT DONE BEFORE YOU CHECK YOUR E-MAIL

DAVID KF4WBS