[pskmail] Re: Aw: Re: multi carrier psk modes

  • From: Greg <kb1ncj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 08:19:07 -0400

That's helpful to know.. I will try this. Thank you..

Greg

On 10/22/2014 05:10 AM, Rein Couperus wrote:
You only need arq.pm and rflinkserver.pl.
Copy them into the /usr/local/share/pskmail_server directory.
Rein
I see...

On another note, If I have a functioning version of the server and I want to try the new domino modes or other updated features, can I just drop the newest rflinkserver file inplace of the current one to avoid the uninstall and install procedure? If not I think you can point me in the right direction. I have had many failed attempts to upgrade my server version in the past. I know I will need the compatible version of fldigi..

Thanks

Greg

On 10/19/2014 04:59 AM, Rein Couperus wrote:

    Hi Greg,
    I have tested various multi-carrier modes for pskmail.
    The outcome was, that for use in ARQ on HF channels they did not
    offer the
    improvements I expected, so I removed them. One of the problems
    was the use of extended RSID, which gave trouble in  the ARQ timing.
    I can imagine that there is a use for multi-carrier PSK on VHF/UHF
    where
    bandwidth and QRM/multipath is less of a problem.
    At the moment emphasis is on improving the susceptibilty to noise and
    multipath on HF using MFSK modes (DominoEx), which looks very
    promising...
    When that is ready we may think again about use on VHF/UHF, but
    there the
    urgency is lower because packet radio is readily available for
    high speeds (76 kB/s).
    ...which does not mean it is forbidden to start a parallel
    development into
    multicarrier modes, we are open source ;-)
    Rein PA0R
    Hi All.
    I have never heard an update of whether or not multi-psk modes
    were ever
    implemented into recent client, server versions. There was talk of it
    when the modes were first introduced in Fldigi..

    Greg