I will look at the server messages on 1.7.1 and try to make it clear...
thank you for the script. SMTP from the server PC works fine, as expected.
The problem was possibly "Incomplete Uploads:3". I ignored this message
as I did not know about any "incomplete uploads". BUT: after I cleared
"uploads" via file menu, outgoing mail was sent.
The "No passwrd set..." was still there. "APRS password" in the
user-DB had no value (nothing to the right of the "="). I added the
findu-password fot DL4OAH manually: no change. I deleted my user record
and updated it. This time the "No passwrd set..."-message was gone,
"APRS password" got the value "none".
Rein, if you read this: a clear information in the password- and
auth-messages, which inform about the affected area (Mail, Pskmail-user,
Findu), would help in case of trouble.
73, Klaus DL4OAH