[pskmail] Re: Aw: Re: Some pskmail questions

  • From: Darren Long <darren.long@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 11:10:34 +0000

Hi again Rein,

I've just been testing the 2.0.27 client.  Thanks for the fix for the
RSID offset, that's working nicely now with a modem offset of 1500Hz.

With the 2.0.27 client I've been able to get a connection with
DL4OAH-8, the 3-way handshake completes OK. I managed to get the list
of server frequencies through the connection, though the server dropped
down to THOR22 to complete.  I have about s6 of noise on 10.148 here so
that doesn't help, but at last my 8W and Alex Loop are getting my
signals out there :)

I've not yet managed to get DL4OAH-8 to gate APRS message to HF for me
yet, despite having autolinked and manually linked with unproto
messages.  Perhaps the server isn't configured to support that feature.
 I'll try with SM0RWO later when the propagation makes that server a
better option.

I have some more questions for you.  I downloaded the server so I could
create a soundcard to soundcard test environment.  I had hoped to get
both the client and the server running on the same machine but seemed
unable to get the server to respond to the client.  I proved the audio
path connection in both directions, using fldigi itself to send to the
client, but the server process seemed to not receive anything from the
client and never transmitted.  Is there any reason why both server and
client shouldn't run concurrently on the same machine in this fashion?
I note that they both share the same config directory, but there
doesn't seem to be any obvious clash in respect of the files they use.
I suppose I could hack the server to work with a different config
directory. Would you recommend using a pair of computers for this
purpose.  I could dig out my old netbook to take on the server role,
but I'd rather run both on the one machine if possible.

Secondly, I noted that the server reported issues with Big Ear
connectivity.  I thought that it might be best if I isolated my test
server from the cloud.  Is there a recommended way to do that?

Thanks for the support.

Cheers,

Darren, H0HWW