[pskmail] Re: Aw: Re: Sailing with AIS and PSKmail

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 12:36:02 +0200

That is actually pretty good!
I have an fldigi 2 in the shack and I intend to run the server on it.
The only issue I see with it is that it lacks audio input (?).
Are you using usb sound card or an interface with integrated sound card?

73, Per

Den 2015-09-24 kl. 10:53, skrev Rein Couperus:

PSKmail sends standard APRS beacon messages...
It would be nice if we could standardize on 1 hardware platform, so we can centralize
maintenance...
I would go for the raspberry pi 2, it needs only 13% CPU running
fldigi + the java client, while pulling only 1.3 A from a 5V source...
Hi Per,
nice idea, go ahead :-) . I use OpenCPN with an AIS receiver. I read in
the manual that it should be possible to plot APRS targets at the chart
as well, but I never tried it.

They write:
Treat WPL sentences as APRS position reports.
APRS (Automatic Packet Reporting System) is utilized by HAM radio
operators around the world.The NMEA WPL sentence is shorthand for for
"waypoint location". If this box is ticked, a WPL sentence will be
assumed to be an AIS-like APRS target.

I wonder which APRS station sends WPL sentences ?
PSKmail surely not or I am wrong ?

73
Juergen
DL8JF