[pskmail] Aw: Re: Re: Re: quick start guide?

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 23:45:27 +0100 (CET)

That is really good news Larry... The pskmail server uses only 1 connection to fldigi, which is the ARQ socket.
I have had to write auto-restart code into the latest server to cater for the frequent, and random crashes caused
by the ARQ routine. It looks at status_log.txt to monitor if the ARQ commands make it into fldigi, and
forces a restart of fldigi and server...
It would be really nice if the problem can be solved.

Rein PA0R

I think that Dave is going to start to re-write the fldigi code for the ARQ socket server. There is an issue with more than one program running and trying to connect to fldigi simultaneously.

I bet this goes a long way to fixing the pskmail issues.

Larry Levesque
KA1VGM
Cheshire County EC
NHARES

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 9:53 AM, Franco Spinelli <frspin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2012/11/5 Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Looking good Rein :).
> I suppose my old eee 900 with its 900 MHz celeron is to blame on my side.

On my EeePC 1000  both old and new jpskmail client is running under
Ubuntu 10.04 and Ubuntu 12.04.
With new Ubuntu I have set a Gnome classic session, without any effect.

Compiz on this netbook take approx 50% of CPU but without Compiz I can
run concurrently Jpskmail 2.x, also with waterfall, and also some
other minor application.

Regards

Franco Spinelli
IW2DHW