[pskmail] Re: Aw: Re: Re: Re: A crazy/stupid idea

  • From: "remi.chateauneu@xxxxxxxxx" <remi.chateauneu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2012 15:56:51 +0100

Le 06.10.2012 13:32, Rein Couperus a écrit :
No, it works like a terminal, like a packet node...

Isn't it the "arq" protocol in fldigi ?

Until now I did not see the need for a tcp/ip stack on the client
because of bandwidth/speed limitations. But maybe you have a low speed
application that could use one...

Nothing specific in mind, I just liked the idea to stick a Hayes-comatible interface on any HF modem. It would eliminate the need for KISS, MKISS and other very specific interfaces.

The protocol on the link is optimized for HF, and does max. 2.8 kB/minute
on a clear channel.

This makes 46 bauds. I would need 50 bauds, that's the minimum for usual unix tools:
http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009696899/basedefs/xbd_chap11.html
/usr/include/bits/termios.h:#define  B50        0000001

Do you think it is possible ?

If we could have a tty with 50 bauds connectivity, it would become easy to plug any standard tool.

Rein PA0R

Great, never noticed that. Does it work with fldigi as a server ? is
there a TCP/IP stack in pskmail ? (There might be something I did not
understand... )