[pskmail] Re: Aw: Re: Re: Fldigi for latest client? which one?

  • From: Remi Chateauneu <remi.chateauneu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 16:17:45 +0100

OK.

"Dave is aware of this. This bug renders
the application useless."

Probably, he does not care or he is not interested. Or probably he wanted
pskmail use the xml interface. Why not forking fldigi like dl-fldigi did ?
The domain name fldigi.org is free. It would be more convenient to have
your own version, packaged with pskmail, no ?

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
> Doing what exactly please ?
>
> "as from version 3.21.50 the ARQ interface is broken for pskmail."
> Could you please describe a scenario that I can reproduce ?
>
> "I have mailed w1hkj about this..."
> Was it on the mailing lists ? I am sure other people might have the same
> problem.
>
> " The problem is that (part of)  the S/N signalling information
> is placed before the end of the frame (before the <EOT>), which breaks the
> application."
> Is it a bug or a feature that you would like to have removed ? I have seen
> that in the code. If you are the only users of this interface, wny not
> suggesting a patch ?
>
> "based on 3.20.40. It crashed during last night (segfault, signal 11)."
> Can you rerun it under gdb so we can see where it crashes ?
>
> Remi
>

> On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 8:43 AM, Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>  Remi,
>>
>> the latest fldigi versions(starting around 3.20.0) crash the GUI at
>> regular intervals.
>> This has been happening for the last 12 months or so. No output to the
>> event log.
>> It happens on windows as well as linux, and with the server as well as
>> the client.
>> This is the main reason for dropping fldigi for the client.
>>
>> Moreover, as from version 3.21.50 the ARQ interface is broken for pskmail.
>> I have mailed w1hkj about this... The problem is that (part of)  the S/N
>> signalling information
>> is placed before the end of the frame (before the <EOT>), which breaks
>> the application.
>>
>> That is why latest server version (2.0.17) now contains a special copy of
>> 3.20.11,
>> which does not have these problems (did not crash for the last 4 days).
>>
>> At the moment I am also testing a server version which includes xmlrpc
>> for rig control,
>> based on 3.20.40. It crashed during last night (segfault, signal 11).
>>
>> For us, fldigi remains a pain in the butt, it places a heavy burden on
>> the project...
>>
>> Rein PA0R
>>

>>   "System worked but every hour or so Fldigi simply stopped"
>>
>> Is there any error message on fldigi output ? Windows or Linux ?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 3:04 AM, Robert Krasowski
>> <rkrasowski@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>>>
>>>   Hi
>>> I received email form  Polish ham that is trying PSKMail. He installed
>>> fldigi ver 3.21.68 plus client ver 1.5.11 (he is not sure about client
>>> version). System worked but every hour or so Fldigi simply stopped
>>> responding and he had to terminated both application and restarted. He
>>> tried version jpskmail 2.0.3 and also ended up with problems.
>>> Questions: What  is  the latest functional client ( 2.0.33?) and what is
>>> the version of Fldigi that works with it?
>>> I hope we will be able to help him, his call sign is SQ6XL.
>>> 73
>>> Robert