[pskmail] Re: Aw: Re: Re: Another frustrating experience

  • From: Jan Bruggeman <jan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 19:14:18 +0200

All,

I've been experimenting a lot lately, and I was able to work OE5RTL a few times. It turned out that my old faithful ts140 with dsp filter is far worse at receiving than my ft817 without any narrow filter. 2.5 W is enough to reach Vienna from Ghent.

Unfortunately, while switching between my 2 antenna's and my 2 radio's, I managed to emit on the ft817 without antenna connected, which blew the end power amplifier ... 2.5 W is also enough to blow an end amplifier !

I hope to be on the air again soon !

--
mvg,
Jan Bruggeman

gsm: +32 476 066 826
web: http://www.aubine.be
mail: jan@xxxxxxxxx

On 09-05-14 10:50, Rein Couperus wrote:
I am using just 10m wire on top of the camper, and can work SM0RWO-1 from Spain with just 10 Watts... Maybe the external DSP filter is not linear? Try 600 Hz bandwidth to check.
Is your RX frequency o.k. (1000 Hz for the centre of the signal)?
For the audio levels of Fldigi, have a look at the waterfall in my youtube demo...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnH7P3BO11I
Don't worry, we will get you going... as a last resort I can help. Ghent is not so far from here :-)