[pskmail] Re: Aw: Re: Re: 1.8.1 in use

  • From: victor maddex <vmaddex@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 16:49:04 +0100

Thanks Andy,

Having found it with your help, I can not find a tag for igate call, I have
added one I found in another configuration.xml that was igate yes, but adding
this did not seem to make the box ticked in 1.8.1.

I guess tags do not need to be in any particular order being an XML file, maybe
that is a wrong assumption, as I do not have a tag for igate call, do we know
what this tag should look like?.

We are doing our best to get round the problem.

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Vic

Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 15:00:02 +0000
From: iv3onz@xxxxxxxx
To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pskmail] Re: Aw: Re:  Re:  1.8.1 in use

    In win xp the file configuration.xml
      is located in

      C:\Documents and Settings\Proprietario\pskmail\

      where Proprietario is your settings folder.

      73 de Andy IV3ONZ

      Il 24/10/2014 14.50, victor maddex ha scritto:

      Hello Andy,

        thanks, been tearing my hair out with this today, where is the
        configuration xml located? or what is it called ?.

        Thanks

        Vic

          Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 14:47:48 +0000

          From: iv3onz@xxxxxxxx

          To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

          Hi all,

            it seems that jPSKmail 1.8.1 don't save the Igate call and
            so sometimes the Igate don't work, but opening the
            configuration.xml file and manual setting the I-gate call,
            then it works.

            73 de Andy IV3ONZ

            Il 24/10/2014 9.39, Rein Couperus ha scritto:

              Strange, it works o.k. here (se attached screen pic).

              One peculiarity using the Igate is that you must use
                a different Igate call

                for every server or Igate, the APRS backbone does not
                allow multiple connections for one call.
              In Europe, use the euro.aprs2.net server. It provides
                a rotating connection which prevents
              too heavy load on a specific server.
              The netherlands.aprs2.net server is down momentarily
                because the university building
              has been sold (for the same reason PI4TUE does not
                exist anymore...)

              Rein PA0R

                          Hello Rein,

                            sorry to have so many questions, I am
                            working on multiple systems and they have
                            different issues with all of them.

                            I may revert back to a 1.x system at work
                            then, as long as we can get the igate
                            working.

                            I have 1.8.1 at the home location,
                            unfortunately when I upgraded from 1.5.26 to
                            1.8.1, the Igate will not connect, it was
                            working well with the old version, I have
                            entered an igate call sign and ticked
                            the status box, but nothing happens, if I go
                            to preferences and save, then close and
                            open jpskmail, the igate call and tick boxed
                            are no longer there, could this be a
                            compatibility issue with the old config file
                            and the later version?, or is the igate
                            function no longer supported?.

                            I am trying to create another igate that
                            supports dominox to help the system.

                            Regards

                            Vic

                              From: rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx