[pskmail] Re: Aw: Re: Re: 1.8.1 in use

  • From: victor maddex <vmaddex@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 15:50:53 +0100

Hello Andy,

thanks, been tearing my hair out with this today, where is the configuration
xml located? or what is it called ?.

Thanks

Vic

Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 14:47:48 +0000
From: iv3onz@xxxxxxxx
To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pskmail] Re: Aw: Re:  Re:  1.8.1 in use

    Hi all,

      it seems that jPSKmail 1.8.1 don't save the Igate call and so
      sometimes the Igate don't work, but opening the configuration.xml
      file and manual setting the I-gate call, then it works.

      73 de Andy IV3ONZ

      Il 24/10/2014 9.39, Rein Couperus ha scritto:

        Strange, it works o.k. here (se attached screen pic).

        One peculiarity using the Igate is that you must use a
          different Igate call

          for every server or Igate, the APRS backbone does not allow
          multiple connections for one call.
        In Europe, use the euro.aprs2.net server. It provides a
          rotating connection which prevents
        too heavy load on a specific server.
        The netherlands.aprs2.net server is down momentarily
          because the university building
        has been sold (for the same reason PI4TUE does not exist
          anymore...)

        Rein PA0R

                    Hello Rein,

                      sorry to have so many questions, I am working on
                      multiple systems and they have different issues
                      with all of them.

                      I may revert back to a 1.x system at work then, as
                      long as we can get the igate working.

                      I have 1.8.1 at the home location, unfortunately
                      when I upgraded from 1.5.26 to 1.8.1, the
                      Igate will not connect, it was working well with
                      the old version, I have entered an igate call sign
                      and ticked the status box, but nothing happens, if
                      I go to preferences and save, then close and
                      open jpskmail, the igate call and tick boxed are
                      no longer there, could this be a compatibility
                      issue with the old config file and the
                      later version?, or is the igate function no longer
                      supported?.

                      I am trying to create another igate that supports
                      dominox to help the system.

                      Regards

                      Vic

                        From: rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx

                        To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                        Subject: [pskmail] Aw: Re: 1.8.1 in use

                        Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 10:19:31 +0200

                          Vic,

                          unfortunately jpskmail version 2 does not
                            support DominoEx,

                            as the modem is not available in java
                            (yet?).
                          That is the main reason why I am
                            concentrating on version 1 with fldigi at
                            the moment...

                          Rein PA0R

                                    Hi Rein,

                                      thanks for the information, I have