[pskmail] Aw: Re: Problem with 2.0.11

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 17:47:20 +0200 (CEST)

I have uploaded a test version for Linux, called pskmail-2.0.13.
There is a problem with the RXTX libraries in ubuntu 12.04, and I have hard coded
the list of ports. When you choose a port it will now be remembered in the config.

jPSKmail uses the rigctl program of hamlib to control both frequency and PTT of the rig.

To test the rigctl facility you can do e.g.:
rigctl -m 311 -s 4800 -r /dev/ttyUSB1 F 10147000 to set the frequency, or
rigctl -m 311 -s 4800 -r /dev/ttyUSB1 T 1 to set PTT on (or 0 to switch it off).

As soon as you can get hamlib to control the rig, jpskmail will do it as well,
as it is using the rigctl program.

I could not test it myself, as I have no rig with a working CAT at the moment...

Rein PA0R

OK Ian,

that is info I can do something with...
I have a rigexpert lying around somewhere, I will take a look at it.
This is what a beta is for.... if you had not reported I would not have known there is
a problem :-)
I will find a solution....

Rein PA0R

Hi Rein,
Thanks for the reply.
I did try PTT via rigcat but the problem is PSKMail seems to select the
highest ttyUSB port to control the radio.
The RigExpert appears to the OS as two ttyUSB ports; the lower one
being for rig control and the higher one for PTT.
Even though I can select the lower ttyUSB port for rig control, it
continues to default to the higher ttyUSB port.

Ian
VK1IAN