[pskmail] Re: Aw: Re: New Problem

  • From: Ian Bennett <ibennett@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 16:09:14 +1000

Rein,
        Afraid not. Here is what I get when I start pskmail server:

### Server v. Pskmail_server 1.7.1. (C) 2012 PA0R
05:54 UTC Jun-10-2012: Program start
05:54 UTC Jun-10-2012: Connected to netherlands.aprs2.net port 1314
POS=35S:149E
Outside BigEar geo area...
BigEar serverport:10148
BigEar not available
Scanning: 7167000,7190000,14010000,14050000,3534500,#5
Offset = 0 minute(s)
Pskmodes:PSK125,PSK125,PSK125,PSK125,PSK125,
.
05:54 UTC Jun-10-2012:
Listening to the radio
initialized
start of receive loop

        It defaults to PSK500. I have to manually set the mode to PSK125 in
fldigi.
Whilst I'm on the subject of undocumented "features", the server documentation implies that all I need is one line of freqs, one for the sideband, and one line for the digital mode. This didn't work until I used the one that came with the server source and changed all 23 (I think it was) lines to suit the freqs I was using.
        Would have been nice to be told this.

Ian

On 10/06/12 00:01, Rein Couperus wrote:
You need to have $scanner = "S" or "F" in ~/.pskmail/pskmailrc.pl
and set the modes to PSK250 in the freqs.txt file...
This will set the default to PSK250 every minute when there is no traffic.

Debugging the upload sequence is difficult and time consuming, as it
works o.k. MOST of the time... :-(

Rein PA0R

Hello Rein,
I learned yesterday to leave the pavucontrol on. Each time I shut it off
things did not work as well. I have the 1.8.0 server running, installed
it last night. Both the previous server and the 1.8.0 continue to set
the default mode to PSK500R automatically, even though the pskmailrc.pl
<http://pskmailrc.pl> has the NO500=1 and NO500R=1 lines in it. It will
continue resetting it to PSK500R, unless you go to the arq.pm
<http://arq.pm> file and change all the PSK500R to PSK250. Josh (AB9FT)
had pointed that out to me weeks ago, but I was too nervous to change
things back then for fear of really messing things up.
I'm looking forward to the debugged 2.0.13 it will be so much better for
the average ham to be able to download the client and to be up and
running, connecting to the server of their choice in minutes.
very 73, Glenn

On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 5:07 AM, Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    I can confirm there is a problem with uploads in 2.0.x.
    The client does not deliver its text to the protocol engine in time.
    If you set the slowest mode to THOR22 it sorts itself out, but it
    takes time.
    Debugging.
    I hope it is an easy one this time...

    Rein PA0R
    I don't see that here, I am using 2.0.13 and server 1.8.0.
    I can have another look at the upload sequences...
    In the normal case it should not be necessary to do anything,
    it should sort itself out after a while.
    But I will take another look.

    Rein PA0R
    Rein,
    Now that I have the pulse audio set correctly, everything is
    working, except the email upload. During the exchange, the server
    starts talking over the client. Time and time again it happens. I
    have even tried pressing the send button at different times during
    the connection. Sometimes right after getting my APRS messages,
    other times after the "No Password Set" message. No matter what the
    server will start clashing with the client.
    With 1.5.9 the timing was perfect and smooth. Any solutions?
    Very 73, Glenn