[pskmail] Re: Aw: Pskmail server, client at the same PC ?

  • From: Juergen <dl8jf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2014 15:36:01 +0200

Rein,
that's an easier way like the one I do. I've changed $fldigiport to 7323 in arq.pm . I have also had problems with the .pskmail directory, which server and client uses for configuration purposes. My solution was to change $confdir to .pskmail_server in rflinkserver and arq.pm I thought it could be more flexible if it would be possible to tell the server the $confdir via the commandline. But now it works, I can run client and server on one machine, which makes testing easier. Apropos testing, I've tried QSY at the client but there was no effect at the server side. I have similar problems with the summon button in rigctl. I changed the frequency, press summon, the client made a connect to the server, it then disconnects and that's it.
Could you please explain how it should be operated ?

73
Juergen
DL8JF

On 08/07/2014 01:42 PM, Rein Couperus wrote:
Juergen,
on the client you can change the fldigi port via the Preferences dialog
(see attached pic). You can start fldigi with a different arq port with:
fldigi --arq-server-port 7323
so it is pretty simple to do...
Rein PA0R
Hi,
is it anyhow possible to run Pskmail server and Pskmail client at the
same computer for testing purposes ?
My thought was that I take two soundcards and connect the inputs and
outputs via mixer or jack server then I start two instances of fldigi
with the appropriate soundcard configuration.
It would be also necessary to start one of the fldigi's with the
--arq-server-port PORT command line option.
The first arq-server-port would be at port 7322 and the second at port 7323.
The question is now, is it possible to tell the Pskmail server or client
to use the 7323 port for communication with fldigi ?

Or is this all much to complicated and there is a simpler solution ?

73
Juergen
DL8JF