[pskmail] Aw: New V2 beta client : jpskmail-2.0.12 ready for testing...

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 09:07:11 +0200 (CEST)

In Linux the active configuration file is ~/.pskmail/configuration.xml
and there is a 'y' in the ICON key from last time :-)

It also works when you just delete the config file an start fresh,
but is is easier to change the 'y' into a '0', because all other parameters are the same....

So I gather from your mail I can tick off jpskmail-2.0.12 on XP... what are
your input and output audio mixers called?

I'm running jpskmail on a laptop both Windows XP and Ubuntu 10.04LTS.
There does not seem to exist problems in Windows.

In Ubuntu I've reinstalled jpskmail-1.5.8 and it's running well.
I've downloaded and copied the jpskmail-2.0.12.jar file in the directory
holding my jpskmail-1.5.8.
I've in my /home/my_name a configuration.xml file, which I've edited to
read :
<entry key="ICON">0</entry>

When I try to start jpskmail-2.0.12 by the command :
java -jar "/home/jean-claude/jpskmail/jpskmail-2.0.12.jar"
I get the following message in a window :
Problem
Message : For input string : "Y"
From class : class.java.lang.NumberFormatException
Problem with config parameter

I got the same message with Windows before editing the configuration.xml
file in which it was initially written "y" for the ICON entry but this
was solved by replacing by "0".
This does not work on my Ubuntu configuration.xml file. Maybe I do not
look in the good directory ? However the only configuration.xml file I
find doing a search on the whole file system is in :
/home/jean-clauude/configuration.xml and it actually reads 0 for ICON.
Thanks for your help.
Jean-Claude - FK8IH