[pskmail] Aw: APRS Messages

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 15:01:32 +0200 (CEST)

Glenn,

for APRS messaging you don't normally have to connect to a server.
When you are linked to a server all messages addressed to you should be
relayed by that server, and appear on the terminal...
The 'get messages' info service is meant for people who are not connected 24/24...

Rein PA0R

Rein,
Would it be possible to receive APRS messages on the client without having to connect to the server and download the last ten messages? I have my client on all day and it is linked to the server. I use the client to send APRS messages to my friends. At times when an incoming APRS message is sent to me, the server will transmit it, and it will appear in the bottom of the terminal window, but not always. It would be nice if when the server transmits the incoming message it then would appear in the top portion of the terminal window. Then I wouldn't have to check for messages on APRS.fi
What do you think?
Very 73, Glenn WB2LMV