[pskmail] Re: Aw: 1.8.1 in use

  • From: victor maddex <vmaddex@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 17:02:30 +0100

Hi Rein,

thanks for the information, I have a copy of jpskmail 2.1.0-f running on a PC
at my work location, I was hoping to leave this running as an additional gate
for traffic, it has been running for some time now and seems to work well, is
there a newer version of this second generation software that supports domino ?.

Regards

Vic

From: rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pskmail] Aw: 1.8.1 in use
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 14:25:37 +0200

Vic,

9A1CRA and OE5RTL are supporting DominoEx modes. You can check that easily
using the 'ping'

and  Inquiry ('ctrl-I') commands. Set the client to DOMEX22 mode, set the
server call and do a ctrl-I.

When the particular server hears you you will get a confirmation. Be sure to
set TXrsid ON in fldigi.

You can make the client stay in DomEx mode by setting the proper default mode
in Preferences->Mode.

It helps to send pings at the start of the minute (around X+10s), then the
server has a minute

left before it changes mode again after receiving your TXid.

When afloat, you can set the computer time using the 'latest fix time' on the
APRS tab.

Depending on the time of day and the distance to the server, you will see that
DomEx modes

suffer less from multipath distortion than PSKxxxR modes. They are also less
crytical

with respect to frequency drift.

You can see which servers are active on http://pskmail.org/web/pskmailusers.php.

You may be too close to many of the German/Dutch servers...

Your APRS page shows you are being heard by 9A1CRA...

Rein PA0R

Hello,

I have 1.8.1 and the latest fldigi in use for our trip in a couple of weeks,
all working as expected.

I can see the dominox modes are now available, and thought that it may be worth
trying this for APRS, I went into the mode tab in jpskmail and selected a
dominox mode, fldigi changed mode, but shortly after it changed back to 500R
before the beacon time came round. How would I make it stay in the selected
mode?.

I am currently only seeing beacons from two servers OE5RTL and 9A1CRA, are they
the only ones on currently?

Do these have code versions in use that will allow decode of the domiox modes?

I was just thinking that if I get time, and changing modes is not too
difficult, I could try this mode at some point to see if there is any
difference in performance.

Thanks for any advise.

Regards

Vic