[pskmail] Re: Aprs servers and the no beacon issue

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 11:40:11 +0100

To enable the radio beacon in server 0.9.23 set $nosession = "none"; in
pskmailrc.pl.
The @Beaconarray = (1 0 0 0 1); sets the minutes (0, 1 2 3 4) you want the
beacon to go out.

For port 14580 (filter) on aprs tier2 servers, you can set a filter for packet
types. To filter
message and position packets as used by pskmail aprs, you can set the filter to
'filter t/pm".

look at arq.pm line 479:
                           print $handle_out "user $ServerCall pass $passw vers
$Version filter t/pm\n";

The use of the filter is explained on: http://www.aprs-is.net/javAPRSFilter.aspx

Normally the use of port 1314 (message port) is o.k., and needs no extra filter.