[pskmail] Aprs servers and the no beacon issue

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 09:35:26 +0100

Hi all,

Just updated to 0.9.23 and connected that to ahubswe as usual.
I had a "no connection" message there and the server would not beacon.
I tried connecting xastir and got a similar problem (could not connect)
and I started to look into it. It seems the procedure when connecting to
aprs servers is changing, for ahubswe you have to connect to port 14580
(only answers that port) and give it a filter. For xastir I use a range
filter. Anyway, connecting the pskmail server to netherlands aprs server
port 1314 worked and I got beacons again. I guess its an issue we may
have to look into, if they change all the servers then we have to follow
that new routine.