[pskmail] Re: Add contents in the Bulletin in pskmail server ?

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 15:13:22 +0200

Hi Russell,

we do that by running a crontab every 3 hours which downloads the information
from the internet, strips the
pictures,  and puts it into the pskdownload folder.

To give you an idea I attach the script I use on most of the EU servers. That
can give you an idea of what can be done.
It uses the elinks text browser to dump the text of a web page like:
elinks -dump URL > ~/.pskmail/pskdownload/filename

Edit the script to download the file you want, make it executable, and run it
every morning, so the information is refreshed.

You can test the web page by executing 'elinks -dump URL'.

Hope this helps,

Rein PA0R