[pskmail] ARRL to offer $10,00 prize for HF modem

  • From: Walt DuBose <dubose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: digitalradio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 20:59:39 -0600

All,

The subject and E-Mail from N5OK says it all.

No design goals have been set for the mode/modem; but, look for them in the next few months. The actual ARRL Board action will be published when the Board Meeting Minutes from last weekend's ARRL Board Meeting are published in the next few days.

Put down all you design goals down on paper and be prepared to forward them to the ARRL POC when the individual(s) is(are) announced. DON'T start yet as any messages before the official POC(s) and design goals are published most likely will not reach the individual(s) who will need your input.

Please don't "flame" or "mail bomb" the ARRL or any of its officers, staff or directors since no details are known.

My personal opinion is that this is going to push someone or some group to come up with a communications ability that will put amateur radio back as a leader in communications technology.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more amateur radio equipment manufacturers start producing SDR type radios.

If I had seen this E-Mail last night, I would not have been able to sleep last night...and today I would have been unable to consentrate at work. So tonight I will NOT sleep and tomorrow I will be useless at work.

73 and CUL,

Walt/K5YFW