[pskmail] Re: APRS info lacking

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 10:48:27 +0200

APRS is capable to transport extended messages, and it should be easy to ad the
capability in pskmail.

The format is:
MOBILE:     @DDHHMM/DDMM.hhN/DDDMM.hhW$CSE/SPD/comments...

so e.g. '@220846z/5122.44N/00520.19E>000/000/parking' means the car is parked
here on the 22nd of this month,
and course and speed are 0.

Comments can e.g. contain ETA  and Destination.

Changing pskmail requires changes in the client (to add CSE, SPD and ETA),
and in the server ('handle_aprs').

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com