[pskmail] Re: APRS igate?

  • From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 23:52:04 +1100

Hello Tarmo,

Sorry I can't comment much on the igate issue as I don't have a PC with me
at present. All I can say is that it is supposed to post to the APRS
network. Have you checked with another web site like aprs.fi?

Thank you and glad AndPskmail is useful. I have also dedicated an old
Android mobile phone to the AndPskmail application.

Since you can modify the code I can offer you the following quick option
for the VOX issue:

Insert the code shown at the bottom of his email just below the line saying
"at.play();" in the send() method of the TxRSID.java source.

Then adjust the number of seconds you want a leading tone for: see the line
" for (int i = 0; i < 3; i++) { //3 seconds tune".

Now you will have a leading tone, immediately followed by the rsid, then
the pskmail frame.

Hope this helps.

All the best.

Regards,

John

          int sr1 = 8000;
int symlen1 = (int) (1 *  sr1); //1 second buffer
short[] outbuf1 = new short[symlen1];

double phaseincr1;
double phase1 = 0.0;
phaseincr1 = 2.0 * Math.PI * frequency / sr1;

for (int i = 0; i < 3; i++) { //3 seconds tune
for (int j = 0; j < symlen1; j++) {
phase1 += phaseincr1;
if (phase1 > 2.0 * Math.PI) phase1 -= 2.0 * Math.PI;
outbuf1[j] = (short) ((int) (Math.sin(phase1) * 8386560) >> volumebits);
}
at.write(outbuf1, 0, symlen1);
}