[pskmail] Re: APRS Igate function in pskmail client

  • From: victor maddex <vmaddex@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 12:42:50 +0100

Hello Rein,

I can see a recieve station or two being setup in the UK, this would also open
up the oportunity for more reliable land mobile coverage where the ERP is not
that good, unlike a Yacht where the antenna can be of a reasonable size.

I guess if we don't all setup on the same frequency at the same time, this
could really work for the APRS fuctionality.

Maybe other channels on bands such as 160m could be used for APRS functionality
only.

Maybe some co-ordination via this group may help.

Thanks for the further developments, another very useful feature.

Regards

Vic