[pskmail] Re: APRS Icons and server igating

  • From: Darren Long <darren.long@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 17:24:31 +0000

I noticed recently that it had become mandatory to specify a filter in
the APRS-IS configuration in Xastir, otherwise Xastir received no data
from the APRS-IS feed.  Is it possible that the PSKmail server's aren't
configured with an appropriate filter string and are therefore getting
no traffic from APRS-IS?

I ask this, as I have just linked with SM0RWO, beaconed through SM0RWO
and not received an expected APRS message via SM0RWO.

Having looked in SM0RWO's server log it seems as if SM0RWO never
received the message from APRS-IS, although I'm not familiar enough
with the server logging to know if I really should expect to see
something.

Certainly all the conditions for it to work seemed to have been
otherwise favourable.  My Xastir is receiving the APRS messages via
APRS-IS and they can be seen on APRS.fi so the issue seems to me that
the problem exists between the PSMmail servers I'm using and the
APRS-IS.

Cheers,

Darren, G0HWW