[pskmail] AB9FT 80m PSKMail Server

  • From: Josh Housey <kg9bo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 12:14:53 -0700 (PDT)

Just for anyone's information, the AB9FT PSKMail server is trying out 80m. It
also has been on 20m (14.111) as well in addition to 40m (7.106) and 30m
(10.148). The same antenna (vertical)  is being used and I am putting out 75
watts. I have decent SWRs when tuned but output is slightly lower compared to
the other bands.

I can be found on 3.596Mhz (dial here is 3.594.5 + 1500khz audio) if anyone
wants to try. It is using THOR22 mode. Is there another recommended frequency
to use?

Overall, I am trying out these modes to get an idea on how its doing. With how
the antenna works at least for TX, I am not confident at this point to try
BPSK250 and how it would work with 80m from what I have tried with 40m at this
present moment. If anyone can copy or can access the system, please let me
know. Overall, its running as a test to see if its a worthwhile addition to the
bands (40m, 30m, 20m) for a "night time" subsitution that could rotate with 30m
or even 20m/17m.

At least over here propagation on 20m has been decent during the day and then
40m takes over at least for US propagation. Hardly any EU activity over here
(rx) but I do seem to be heard every now and then. 30m is rather "sproadic"with
some copy from KB2PNM and nothing afterwards. I still want to try 17m but I
don't know if there is any interest in using the band and/or trying to figure
out how I would schedule it to work the other bands during the daytime.

73
Josh, AB9FT