[pskmail] Re: A tiny progress report regarding gps

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:52:00 +0100

Hi Dave and all,

I looked at that page and it inspired me to start hacking google maps.
The API is well documented and its easy to create a customized map that
can show position reports. Here is a quick 5 minute hack example:
http://www.crusefalk.se/pskmailers.htm

The positions I display on that map are just random and only there to
show how easy it is to put them on the map. Now I just need a source for
the data.

So, a question for Rein: any ideas about how to query findu for pskmail
stations ? Or, I could query pskmail.org for connected servers and then
display the live pskmail servers on a page like this.Any ideas on how to
get that info ?

We could of course ask winlink to put our positions on their map but
would it not be better to have a page of our own ?

73 de Per, sm0rwo

--
Pär Crusefalk
Turnévägen 5