[pskmail] Re: A tiny progress report regarding gps

  • From: "David Vrona" <dave@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 15:40:21 -0500

Rein,

Sorry!  I misunderstood the discussion.

Regarding winlink...  There are already a number of cruising sailors
interested in PSKmail and it would be a feature that would be popular among
them.  I'm only referring to the position location map on www.winlink.org

Some maritime mobile network operators already inject position data manually
into the winlink system using software provided by the winlink authors.

Might be a good way to convert more people from Pactor ?  :-)

Dave
n9qnz

On 2/10/07, Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The automatic beacon in the pskmail client has been updating findu for 2
years already David.
The default is that every 10 minutes the position is sent to findu... Look
e.g. for pa0r on findu, you will see the last beacon I sent.
The only thing we are adding now is auto update from the gps.

Why would you add Winlink? What is the added value on that?

Rein EA/PA0R/P