[pskmail] Re: A few things we could improve ?

  • From: Fred Reiselt <freiselt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 21:48:08 -0500

Per,

I love my FT-817 but sometimes feel the need for more power also. Rather than change rigs, I will probably build an amplifier. The amp kits at http://www.hfprojects.com/hfprojects/ look perfect. The 100 watt amplifier would be great but would be too much for my LDG Z11 Autotuner. So, I'll probably build the 35 watt amplifier. Small size and $154 USD. The 35 watt HF-Packer gets great reviews at EHam.

73,
Fred
wb5con

Per Crusefalk wrote:
Also, I use an FT-817 and I have had much fun with it but I have now
decided that life is too short for QRP... I need more power.