[pskmail] A crazy/stupid idea

  • From: Daniel Arseneault <danielarseno@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 08:30:12 -0400

Hi guys,

Just for the sake of discussion, what would you think of adding an
amazing new mode to pskmail: CW.

Actually, I'm serious. I'm thinking of a CW-to-email gateway that
would listen for keywords and message body text sent in CW. This would
allow mobile ops who can't pack a laptop and ssb transceiver to send
and receive short emails. Error-correction would be to simply play
back the email address and message, one line at a time waiting for ok
confirmation from the client. Full QSK servers could receive
corrections simultaneously as the message is played back, There could
be address books, custom abbreviations, heck even webpage fetching
(short webpages...), there are all kinds of possibilities. All of this
done live between a human and a computer.

Here's another discussion on this topic:
http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php?topic=77975.0