[pskmail] Re: 40 meter Thor Station

  • From: Josh Housey <kg9bo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 16:21:53 -0800 (PST)

All,

That is my server transmitting Thor22. TXID is on at the moment. I was using
the mode to compare it to PSK250 to know which one would work better for 40m
and conditions here. I am using the same vertical here but SWRs are not as good
(1.5-2) there then 30m. There was a little bit difference I noticed from
switching to 75 watts from 50.  It's scanning twice during the day to get an
idea of activity/performance and it will scan more during the evening along
with 30m. That other frequency scanning here is 18.111 (18.109.500Mhz, +1500
audio), so, if anyone is interested, it's listening there.  If the activity
remains, I will probably be on more often here with 30m. I am not really sure
how 17m is going to play yet here, but SWRs on the band are also good (same as
30m) but have not heard nothing yet.

73
Josh, AB9FT