[pskmail] Re: 30m Band Utilization Chart updated: 5 Apr 2012

  • From: Ian Wade G3NRW <g3nrw-radio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 11:39:59 +0100

From: Klaus Lohmann <dl4oah@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012   Time: 09:56:49

I suggest an adittional remark on "Dial Frequency", which is not necessarily 1000 Hz.
I.e. Elecraft K3, Icom IC-7000 and IC-7200 require -1500 Hz.

Hi Klaus

I am sorry, I do not understand you. The dial frequency is where you set the tuning dial to (for example 10.139MHz) for the well-known software packages. The 1000Hz or 1500Hz audio frequency offsets depend on the software you are using,

The important point is that the chart shows the *on-air* frequencies to expect, and you need to set the tuning dial appropriately. If your radio (like the K3) needs a different offset, then that is something that you need to address personally. The chart does not know which radio you are using :-)

--
73
Ian, G3NRW