[pskmail] Re: 17m PSKMail

  • From: G6CKR <radio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 17:23:39 +0000

Some people would argue that 1500Hz is standard and 1000 non but that is
another story.
OK if the wiki says the frequency is 10.148 MHz without any other
qualification then it is the actual TX /RX frequency.
If your radio is set to 10.148 MHz then the signal will be at the zero
point of the waterfall to the far left and given the default low cut off
is around 300 HZ you will see nothing.
To see the signal at the 1000Hz point you need to set the radio to
10.147 MHZ. giving 10.147 + 1KHz = 10.148MHz
For 1500Hz set the radio to 10.1465 MHZ and the signal will be at 1500Hz
on the waterfall. If you discover that your radio has a sweet spot for
TX at say 1150Hz then you just do the maths accordingly.
All the above assume the use of upper sideband of course.
73 Roger