[prssr-ml] Re: reply to: pRSSreader 1.1.5 beta2

  • From: Hal Rottenberg <halr9000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 20:33:14 -0400

On 9/29/05, David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> pRSSreader is one-man-project and is now quite complex, so the testing
> is more and more complex and I'm not able to do the most of the
> testing myself. That's another reason way I release those beta
> versions. The most valuable results are feedback emails from users.
> There were only 3 emails reporting some errors for beta1.

I just joined this list.  I'm really happy to find that you've got a
beta version out, that's what I was hoping to find.  I'd like to make
a suggestion though.  I had no idea that this ML was for discussion.
Your description of it on the website implied that it was an
announce-only list.  If you want more testers, you ought to advertise
that directly on the website, and also talk the mailing list up a bit
more.

That said, I'll be testing this on my hp iPAQ h4155 (WM2003) tomorrow.
 Here's the problems that I've had with 1.14 that I'm hoping you've
tackled on the beta.

- Add feed error messages not descriptive enough.  A bad URL gives the
same error message as a file that pRSS has trouble parsing.
- Speaking of trouble parsing, I can't make my Bloglines OPML work.  I
tried a few more today and am having the same problem.  URLs:
  o http://bloglines.com/export?id=halr9000
  o http://www.w3os.nl/logos/page/opml/ (I tried several...some work,
some do not)
- I think I emailed you directly on this a couple of months ago: copy
and paste do not work in the edit fields for me.
- Updating some feeds will occasionally cause pRSS to mysteriously disappear.

P.S. thanks for the one-man job!  I appreciate your program.  :)

--
Psi webmaster (http://psi-im.org)
im:hal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx