[prssr-devel-ml] Re: updating

  • From: Juro Olejnik <juro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 22:02:58 +0100

Hi all,

I have thought about it a bit... I think that downloading images on the
Pocket PC device is (near to) useless, and sometimes even the cached
news items are trying to connect due to some ad content that wants to be
refreshed.

I had an (maybe utopistic) idea: What about walking through the HTML,
finding the part of article which matches the text in the feed (and
which is usually the beginning of the article itself) and load just the
text after it? So the user would have the option to cache only the text
part of the article -- that would be faster. I admit there are risks, so
this should be only an experimental option, but to me much more useful
than mirroring the complete message.

Juro.