[prssr-devel-ml] Re: pRSSreader open calendar notification ?

  • From: David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:59:44 +0100

Hi,

On 11/18/05, yololo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <yololo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi to all :)
>
> Using PRSSREADER 1.1.5 beta 3a, with PPC2002 (Dell Axim X5, feeds located on
> SD card)
>
> My problems :
>
> =>>>> Each time i open the soft, the notification fires a pop-up with the
> next appointment, as it was the right time to display the notification...
> Of course, at the time, the notification pop-up shouldn't display at this
> time... Last example : Open Prssreader at 11:02, a notification was planned
> to fire at 12:45 (0 minute before), and was displayed while opening
> PrssReader...
> (I use Apreminder+ & CalcNotes and i've tried to close these programs and
> soft reset (without autorun) to see if these programs may interfer... Nothing
> was different with these app off)
>
> In "Retrieval" tab, only "Clear cache before channel update" is checked, and
> "Check for new item" is at "never"

How do you open the pRSSreader? Via Today plugin or shortcut in Start
menu or else?

> =>>>> Also, it seems that Prssreader stops clearing the cache from offline
> webpages... I've tried to uncheck the appropriate menu, close and open the
> soft and check it again... Will monitor this with the futures updates...

A little explanation about automatic cache clearing. Suppose we had a
feed and we cache it (for offline browsing), auto-clearing is off. We
update the feed and cache more pages - old items in the feed are
discarded. We switch the auto-clearing on and update the feed. Now,
old items and related pages should be purged, but the old items from
the first update are not, because the links were discarded and we do
not know them.

If this is not working, it is a bug.

Now, in Options, there is clear cache button, but it purges all
content but feed XMLs. It is no problem to ask the user to clear all
or clear all except the cached content which is used.

--
David Andrs

> Thanks for reading
> Best Regards
> YoLoLo

¥’­æ?z·^½éh¦g§¶f¢–)à–+-¦»,­×¯zY¥~·ž–+-²Šà†Ûiÿü0ÁúÞzX¬¶Ê+ƒö«r¯zÏé®Ë+uëÞ–i