[prssr-devel-ml] Re: pRSSreader 1.3.4 beta1

  • From: "Joerg" <prss-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 17:06:31 +0200 (CEST)

Hi again,

hum, replying to myself. Should I worry? ;-) I've added another (old)
problem, some more info and researched the URLs.

> I've been using 1.3.4. beta 1 for quite a while and have been noticing
> several issues:

> * new problem: After updating, sometime several feeds have no title
> anymore, show special characters (blocks) or (partial) item titles as their
> title. This appears to depend on which feed I'm updating, but it is not
> necessarily the feed I've updated, that shows these anomalies (or the
> other way around: I'm updating several feeds more often than others, but
> I'm not usually experiencing the problems with these feeds if I update
> them "alone".) I'm guessing it's a stray pointer or something like this.


> * Old problem: Sorting order of items in certain feeds not fixed (see
> some previous mail). It appears as though some feed's timestamps are not
parsed correctly.
http://www.freelists.org/archives/prssr-devel-ml/11-2006/msg00024.html
(your response)


> * Old problem: Some feeds lose and/or gain old entries after updates (see
>  previous mails as well, disappearing and reappearing items).
http://www.freelists.org/archives/prssr-devel-ml/03-2007/msg00005.html


* Old problem: "Error getting response" not fixed. Trying to narrow it
down: It appears to happen more frequently, when the server takes some
time to process the request (i.e. connection is established quite fast but
the delivery of the (first) content takes some more time).
http://www.freelists.org/archives/prssr-devel-ml/03-2007/msg00004.html


> Otherwise it appears to be more stable than 1.3.3 (although I didn't have
>  too many crashes with it anyways).

Regards,
Jörg

--
pRSSreader development mailing list
prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.freelists.org/archives/prssr-devel-ml


Other related posts: