[prssr-devel-ml] pRSSreader 1.3.3 beta3: Installation problem

  • From: David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml <prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 19:33:10 +0100

Maybe you need to stop pRSSreader service, when doing the manual
uninstall. It can be done by Task Manager from FdcSoft
(http://buzzdev.net/index.php?option=com_phorum&Itemid=125&phorum_query=read,27,15027,page=1).

I have report from another guy, that had the same problem, but has was
successful with the manual uninstallation.

If this will not help you, report back in this thread.

by Arnoud:
Thanks for the new beta, David.
I've tried to unintall the beta 2 and upgrade to  beta 3, but I'm
unsuccesful at that. I don't get any error message during the install
process, but the installation stalls the the upgrade bar has filled to 100%.
I don't get the message that pRSSreader has been installed succesfully, so I
guess it can't perform a certain action like writing to a file or the
registry.

I've tried everything I could think of, including uninstalling manually
following the guideline you gave us for beta 1 (deleting registry entries,
soft reset, delete pRSSreader files). Unfortunately, it doens't help.

Can you help me?

Cheers,
Arnoud.