[prssr-devel-ml] Re: pRSSreader 1.3.3 beta3: Connection problem

  • From: David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 15:44:49 +0100

You need to set 'automaticaly connect' on Tools | Options, Retrieval
tab, then pRSSreader will dila the connection for you and disconnect, if
the connection is not needed anymore.

Overriding connection manager is valid pro proxy settings, not for dialing.

Rob Thompson wrote:
> Hi David
>
> I set my Tytn to disconnect the internet connection when not required, beta
> 3 does not see able to initiate a connection and immediately throws up an
> error message if I try to update the feeds.
>
> If the connection is already live, or the device is docked then the updates
> works fine. Is this intended? Im sure previous versions would start the
> connection if required. I have checked the "Override connection manager" is
> not checked.
>
> By the way, I would like to say I ditched a free copy of NewsGator to go
> back to pRSS, its just a better program! I like the WM5 soft key
Glad to hear that ;-)

> compatibility and would like to see it extended to the actual site reader
> page if possible. Want to try to avoid using a stylus if its possible.
You can use d-pad arrows for moving to the next or the previous message
(when reading a message). If your device have a rocker button or
sometimes called jog button (on the left side of your device), it should
work too.