[prssr-devel-ml] Re: pRSSreader 1.3.2 ml1

  • From: David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 07:44:59 +0200

Hal Rottenberg wrote:
> On 7/17/06, David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> And I applied UPX on:
>> pRSSreader.exe
>> prssrenc.dll
>> gzip.dll
>> libexpat.dll
>> res.dll
>> I will play with UPX later this week.
> try --compress-resources=0
> or --compress-exports=0
I'll try.

But, I would like also others to try to pack pRSSreader with UPX. On my
device the ml1 is ok, no icon problems. Therefore I need other to
cooperate to find out the best compress options for final release

Back to the icon problem. Icons on main window are loaded from res.dll
which is resource library with DPI specific images (icons, bitmaps).
With --compress-resource=0 we do not save any or much space on res.dll.
Other binaries will shrink probably much more.

And as I said I will play with it this weekend and the next week.
Meanwhile any results of applying UPX by betatesters are very welcomed.
I think it is very easy task even to non-programmers.