[prssr-devel-ml] Re: pRSSreader 1.3.2 beta2 - fixed builds

  • From: David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 08:27:17 +0200

Actualy the problem was that english version I tested was not build
properly and I thought I was a UPX problem (a bit of false alarm) - hard
day, my mistake.

I definitely know, that applying UPX on today plugin cause disappearing
the plugin icon. I had also a problem with setup.dll (but this one is
very small) where the uninstall message was not displayed at all. But
applying UPX on resource library (res.dll) was successful and also on
pRSSreader.exe. You can try it yourself, it should not harm your
installation (but back it up for sure). Other libraries used by
pRSSreader are:
- \windows\prssrenc.dll
- \windows\libexpat.dll
- \windows\zlib.dll

There should not be a problem.

So, if some one is in experimantal mood, he/she could try to pack the
files mentioned above. And do not forget to report results. I'd like to
use UPX for offical release of 1.3.2, therefore tests are needed.

UPX home page: http://upx.sourceforge.net/

How to pack:
- copy file from you device
- apply UPX on it