[prssr-devel-ml] Re: pRSSreader 1.3.2 beta2

  • From: "Konstantin Taran" <tarank@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 17:06:56 +0300

Hi David!

First of all, thank you very much for this job and your time, and your
diligence!

It's a really pity but somebody have to say it again and again until it will
be fixed.. David, be strong!

Memory leaks are still here.

I just saying what I see:
...pRSSr is started and never synchronized before - 20.61 Mb of RAM are in
use
...update is started
...feeds are loading
...RAM is wasting (approximately 0.5 Mb of RAM per each cached feed)
...after update there are 30.94 Mb are in use
...after pRSSr is closed there are 27.57 Mb are in use

so around of 7 MB are leaked in the result

(but I should to admit that this situation is better than it was before)

Regards,
Konstantin.

On 7/10/06, David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Greetings to all!

New beta is available - http://pda.jasnapaka.com/prssr/beta/

Mostly bug fixing relase, 2 features added:
1. Initial load of feeds is moved to the backound thread -> no long
waiting on startup. When using Summary View, it shows the number of
read/unread only for loaded feeds
2. zlib library. I have to add this library to support gzip compression.
Now pRSSreader asks HTTP servers for compressed html files. It saves
the amount of transferred bytes (if you are on GPRS you really
appreciate this). Furthermore there is an errror in skweezer, which
sends uncompressed version corrupted (no accents), but gzipped version
is ok.

What's New:
-ADD: feeds are loaded in the background
-ADD: zlib for receiving content in gzipped format (needed for correct
working of Skweezer)

-FIX: When 'Hide read items' was active, items were displayed after
restarting the pRSSreader
-FIX: HTML optimalizer -> HTML optimizer (in resources)
-FIX: Flag/Unflag message is enabled/disabled according to the selection
(main window context menu)
-FIX: bad cells in the formatting table (image and 'cached' text were
not aligned)
-FIX: crash on generating playlists
-FIX: when caching enclosures, there was not a countdown for remaining
items
-FIX: when enclosure caching is finished, feed items on the main windows
are refresh to reflect result of caching
-FIX: Copy URL did not work in CNewsDlg
-FIX: When creating new folder in CMoveDirDlg and tapping enter, new
folder was not used in destination path
-FIX: Update requests are queued when updating
-FIX: when moving empty dir -> crash
-FIX: .html extension was not added for files with dot (.) in the name
-FIX: if site was updated and main window was not foreground window,
items were not refreshed
-FIX: After marking items read/unread/new/flagged/unflagged selection is
removed
-FIX: ugly memory leak
and more...

Beta2 is available in all languages (Czech, Dutch, English, French,
Spanish). Thanks to all localizators for their prompt work. Need some
one to check the French version and let me know if it is ok - YoLoLo
(the maintainer of French version) is on vacation, so he is not able to
check it.

Recently, the UPX (packer for binary executables) was enhanced to
support binaries for pocket pc. So, I use it to reduce the size of
binaries. Now, pRSSreader should take significantly fewer space then
previous versions. So do not be scared that binaries are such small, it
is not an error :)

Hope this beta will be stable enought. I plan 14 days of
testing/bugfixing and if all things will go smoothly, then the official
release will come.

Konstantin, could you check if the memory leak you've reported is still
there? And as you may noticed, a lot of bugs reported by you were fixed
too, so please check them again if they are gone. Thanks. The silence
means, they are gone :)

Enjoy the testing!
--
David

PS: Hope I did not forget for something.